Friday, March 15, 2013

Race Announcement: Dawn Hocksprung

On Saturday March 23rd, I will be running the Sandy Hook Race for the Families run out of Hartford, CT.

This one took me a while to decide on.  It's such a huge event.  The foundation that organizes the Hartford Marathon every year is donating their resources in order to put this on. Many of the graduating classes from Newtown High School are returning to walk/run this together as a team.  I will be reuniting with many of my Class of '99 classmates.

I had to think very hard about who to run this one for.  I chose Dawn because she was the leader of Sandy Hook Elementary School.  And she died so bravely trying to intervene before any of the children were hurt. 

I'm looking forward to seeing some old friends and faces that I haven't seen in years.  But I know that it is going to be an emotionally draining afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment