Thursday, January 10, 2013

Minor Hitch In My Giddy-Up

So as of this morning, I am scheduled to have my gallbladder removed next Wednesday.  I've been having issues for about a year now, but the pain has intensified and my doctors are concerned that if they don't do it now I will require a much larger surgery in a month or two. 

The recovery time is short for a surgery like this and I am hoping that I will be feeling ok by the 27th to at least walk the course for Charlotte Bacon.  I will play it by ear and see how I am feeling.  If I need more healing time, I will do a "rain date" of Sunday February 3rd.  There is a "Run for Refugees" out of New Haven, CT.  My doctors are confident that I will be 100% in time for that.  They aren't as optimistic about the 27th. But every body is different, so we will see.

I'm glad this is happening now and not in the middle of everything.  Starting in February, my weekends are pretty much packed with back to back races, so I would miss more than just one and it would throw my whole schedule for a loop.  I'm going to choose to look at this bump in the road as though I'm getting a tune up before hitting the pavement for the year.

I will keep you all posted on everything as I know more. 

Love-
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment